GENERAL FUNCTION: Under moderate supervision
the Homeowner''s Assistance Department Counselor initiates contact
and provides assistance to consumer and mortgage loan customers who
are in default; Counsels and guides the customer in order to
achieve workout alternatives based upon customer''s circumstances
while complying with all investor, company, federal and insurer
guidelines. The counselor works to minimize potential losses on
delinquent loans by contacting the borrowers &/or their agents,
mortgage brokers, real estate agents, title companies, attorneys,
investors and insurers to work toward resolution of the delinquency
in accordance with departmental and legal guidelines, while
ensuring company and investor goals.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Pursues communication with defaulted customers utilizing manual
dialing to offer potential workout alternatives - Contacts
delinquent customers to obtain payment commitments.
* Makes collection/demand calls with an account load defined by
applicable capacity model.
* Analyze customer''s situation and collateral risk to present
alternative solutions including Forbearance Plans, Repayment Plans,
Modifications, Assumptions, Pre-foreclosure / Short Sales, and Deed
in Lieu; Assist in identifying, negotiating and pursuing the
appropriate loss mitigation option that best maximizes customer
satisfaction and investor return.
* Review, negotiate and recommend action on requests for proposed
foreclosure or repossession alternatives within the timeframes
established by management.
* Identify, evaluate and resolve reasons for
* Ability to explain all workout options within company / investor
/ insurer guidelines and know the requirements of each
* Skip tracing accounts for possible leads to find customers
information to contact them.
* Quoting reinstatement amounts, payoffs, and setting up repayment
plans within the system.
* Pursues resolution on referrals of non-delinquent customers who
request alternatives to allow ownership retention.
* Ensures that all requested documentation has been requested and
received from the customer.
* Monitors all accounts associated with Soldiers and Sailors Act to
ensure compliance with all required guidelines.
* Record all collection efforts via the collection
* Recommend additional actions with Management assistance on
* Escalate calls and/or problem accounts to supervisor,
repossession, legal or collection agencies as
* Provides feedback to management for ideas on process improvement
and suggestions for the specialty collections unit.
* Provides administrative support as directed by
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: None