GENERAL FUNCTION: Drive effective
implementation of the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM) Framework
across multiple lines of business or a single, complex line of
business by partnering with the line(s) to ensure that enterprise
risk management programs are implemented in a manner that is
consistent with enterprise risk management standards and adds value
to the business in managing their risks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Provide guidance and training to the line(s) of business on
effective implementation of the enterprise risk management
* Promote open and effective communication between ERM and the
line(s) of business on risk issues and risk management
* Assist line(s) of business in developing and maintaining risk
management procedures in accordance with ERM standards. Strong
visibility with Senior management.
* Manage the new product risk review process, providing leadership
to ensure that product proposals receive adequate and timely
reviews by risk experts, and that sufficient research regarding
relevant industry and regulatory trends is conducted priortoproduct
* Research and communicate industry trends relating to operational
and other less quantifiable risks, including operational breakdowns
occurring within the financial services industry, new regulatory
guidance, and new tools and methodologies formanagingthese
* Support department efforts to integrate risk assessments across
the enterprise, and ensure that businesses and support functions
continually update assessments as information on new products,
risks, and internal control deficiencies becomes
* Provide guidance to line managers in identifying and monitoring
Key Risk Indicators that represent early indicators of key drivers
of risk for the area.
* Coordinate the development of risk dashboards, combining
information tracked at the enterprise level such as Key Risk
Indicators, with information on top and emerging risks obtained
through discussion with the line managers.
* Maintain knowledge of the organization, policies and objectives
within the assigned area.
* Notify management in the assigned area of changes to applicable
enterprise-level policies and risk limits.
* Review line of business policies for completeness and adherence
to the Bancorp#s risk appetite, and ensure that policies are
maintained centrally in the Policy Center.
Responsible for providing employees timely, candid
constructive performance feedback; developing employees to their
fullest potential and provide
challenging opportunities that enhance employee career growth;
developing the appropriate talent
pool to ensure adequate bench strength and succession planning;
recognizing and rewarding
employees for accomplishments.