CARC Manager, Fund Accounting
Posted on: March 18, 2019
GENERAL FUNCTION: Oversees and manages daily and monthly processes for fund accounting, investment accounting, and trade matching. Oversees and directs derivative, synthetic, and international trade processing along with margin maintenance andcollateralmanagement processing. Direct management responsibility of the portfolio investment accounting and the trade operations staff. Monitors and runs intraday and overnight processes to synchronize trade details, security reference data, and accountpositiondata between accounting, trading, and analytical systems. Work directly with internal and external fund accounting groups to calculate and publish daily NAV prices and monthly investment performance results. Work on projects as assigned toupgrade andmake changes to money management systems, investment procedures, regulatory changes, and new product launches.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Manages Fund Accounting, Portfolio Accounting , Investment Operations Staff
* Overseas and directs derivative, synthetic, and international trade processing along with margin maintenance and collateral management processing
* Monitors and runs intraday and overnight processes to synchronize trade details, security reference data, and account position data between accounting, trading, and analytical systems
* Work with and assist nternal and external fund accounting groups to calculate and publish daily NAV prices and monthly investment performance results
* Maintain relationships with varying prime brokers, external fund accountants, bank custodians, margin and collateral external departments
* Work with international sub-custodians to establish security trading for developed and emerging markets
* Work directly with investment performance area to create performance results, run audits and quality controls reports. Assist with providing data to create and maintain monthly performance and composite construction. Provide investmentaccountingsupport and records for annual external GIPS verification exams
* Independently oversees integrity of the security asset master file across all accounting, trading and downstream analytical systems
* Oversees and maintains processes for asset valuations for domestic, international, and derivative security types
* Oversees new client account set, initial position reconciliation, asset transfers and custodial network establishment
* Responsible for validating new security reference data and analytical data elements across all trading, accounting and analytic systems
* Develop and maintain corporate action procedures including all mandatory and voluntary corporate actions.
* Manage and oversee daily and monthly fund accounting and portfolio reconciliation processes
* Create and maintain appropriate management oversight reporting
* Oversees post trade processing for trade affirmations, trade matching for internal and external custodians, brokers, prime brokers, swap dealers, and futures clearing merchants
* Oversees all post trade broker allocation, custodial notification processes, and timely transmission of trades to external fund accountants on all pooled fund products
* Develop system generated custom reports for use by portfolio managers, institutional investment officers, senior management, relationship managers, oversight committees, and board presentations.
* Maintain and oversee procedures for Investment Benchmark /Index updates for all asset classes.
* Work with related departments to provide proactive solutions for workflow efficiencies.
* Maintain up to date workflow documentation to assist IT on all upgrades and new money management application installations
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: Responsible for providing employees timely, candid and constructive performance feedback; developing employees to their fullest potential and provide challenging opportunities that enhance employee career growth;developingthe appropriate talent pool to ensure adequate bench strength and succession planning; recognizing and rewarding employees for accomplishments.
Keywords: , Cincinnati , CARC Manager, Fund Accounting, PR / Public Relations , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!