Principal Therapy Consultant, CoreValve - Cincinnati
Company: Medtronic GmbH
Posted on: February 25, 2021
Principal Therapy Consultant, CoreValve - Cincinnati Bring your
sales talents to aleader in medical technology and healthcare
solutions. Rooted inour long history of mission-driven innovation,
our medical technologies opendoors. We support your growth with the
training, mentorship, andguidance you need to own your future
success. Join usfor a career in sales that changes lives. CAREERS
THAT CHANGE LIVES - POSITION DESCRIPTION: The Principal CoreValve
TherapyConsultant (Sales Representative) achieves sales revenue
targets and growsmarket share for a specified geography by
promoting, selling and servicingMedtronic CoreValve and related
products, post approval, while ensuring safeadoption and growth.
The CoreValve SalesRepresentative 3 practices good territory
management with strong organization,administration and expense
planning and control. The CoreValve Representative is a partner
andresource to the CVG field organization and to Catheter Based
Therapies (CBT)cross functional teams, including Medical Education,
Marketing, Research, andDevelopment. A DAY IN THE LIFE:--POSITION
- Territory Management and Account Development
- Provide quality support to help sites achieve procedural
success and for the safe growth of CoreValve
- Develop and post approval, execute strategies and plans to
achieve/exceed sales quota for commercial cases. Maintain and
expand existing business and develop new business
- Serve as trusted technical expert for TAVR procedure and
products. Provide technical support for TAVR implanting centers,
including "scrubbing in" to assist with valve loading and providing
technical case support consistent with the instructions for use.
Educate sites on proper indications for TAVR procedures
- Probe to understand and confirm customers' needs, handle
objections and gain commitment. Develop and implement strategies to
counter competitor messaging
- Educate customers to ensure that products are understood and
- Represent company at industry conferences and maximize
potential by targeting specific customers to gain sales leads, and
pursue opportunities to promote the company's product
- Knowledge of CoreValve and other Medtronic TAVR product IFUs
for safe and effective use of devices
- Develop and maintain comprehensive clinical and technical
product knowledge. Understands current published TAVR and relevant
literature. Recognize and understand competitive products, industry
trends, and CBT/CVG portfolio. Liaison with R&D for technology
improvements and next generation needs
- Technical and Clinical Support
- Providequality technical support to help sites achieve
- Providetechnical support to Medtronic employees and implanting
teams for CoreValveimplant procedures in accordance with Medtronic
- Providetechnical leadership for TAVR device procedures. Educate
implanting teams on properindications for TAVR procedures.
Providesupport on questions regarding device suitability with
measuring ability and CTreconstruction expertise.
Providecomprehensive technical support including knowledge of
imaging modalities(echo/angiography/CT), EKG, blood pressure, wave
forms, and ancillaryprocedural solutions
- Knowledgeof Clinical trial protocols, and CoreValve and other
Medtronic TAVR productIFUs for safe and effective use of
- Developand maintain comprehensive clinical and technical
product knowledge. Understands current published TAVR andrelevant
literature. Recognize andunderstand competitive products, industry
trends, and CBT/CVG portfolio. Liaison with R&D for
technologyimprovements and next generation needs
- Customer Service
- Ensuremaximum coverage of all accounts within territory
geographic areas to maintainoptimum level of exposure and effective
time management. Assist with scheduling of cases and propercustomer
- Participatein physician training and case observations when
- Participatesin any other planned customer education meetings
and society conventions
- Respondto customer requests and resolve complaints in a prompt
and effective manner toinclude proper device complaint
- Maintainhigh standards of personal presentation and promote a
professional personal andcompany image
- Assistsites with identifying routine implant days and proper
- Training, Education and Professional Development
- Developand maintain comprehensive clinical and technical
- Recognizeand understand competitive products, features,
strengths in relation to thecompany's products
- Participatein product and skills development programs, managing
own self development
- Resourcefor R&D for CoreValve improvements and next
- Assistsin training new hires to Medtronic CBT team
- Helpsdrive and maintain quality initiatives and global best
- Administrative Responsibilities
- Developand maintain accurate account and territory records
- Responsiblefor CoreValve inventory at sites to include
shipments, usage and return ofproduct
- Responsiblefor forecasting implants at sites and obtaining
billing PO's for each case
- Submitsaccurate and timely expense reports
- Reportdevice complaints to proper departments within quality
- Schedulestravel arrangements to ensure multiple objectives are
- Supportsheart teams with appropriate products, clinical
literature and pre caseplanning strategy
- Maintainhospital eligibility/access with various vendor
- Controlexpenses and adhere to company policies and
- Identify,establish and maintain productive working
relationships with key decisionmakers, customers and their staff,
administrative staff, etc.
- Maintainsa high level of communication with appropriate CVG
sales and leadership withinassigned geography
- Planand implement effective sales/product presentations to
- Developand maintain productive working relationships within the
company to ensuremaximum sales support and maintain a high level of
- Contributeto the development of a strong team effort
- Communicatemarket intelligence/competitor activity promptly,
including potential salesleads, and information regarding product
price or account activity to DistrictManager and Clinical or other
appropriate company personnel
- Ensurea professional standard of written and verbal
communication at all times MUST HAVE - BASIC QUALIFICATIONS: IN
ORDER TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION, THE FOLLOWING
BASICQUALIFICATIONS MUST BE EVIDENT ON YOUR RESUME
- 10+years medical industry sales experience (selling physician
preference products)in hospital environment with 8 years selling to
interventional cardiology,interventional radiology and/or Vascular
surgery NICE TO HAVE - DESIRED/PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrated success in previous sales role; indicating a high
level of sales performance, influence and selling skills.
- Exceptional business and clinical acumen with prior experience
leading a sophisticated cardiac or endovascular procedure.
- Exceptional understanding of cardiac and vascular anatomy,
physiology, and pathology.
- Interventional cardiac or vascular experience (wires, balloons,
catheters, stents). Endovascular--specifically Endovascular
Aneurysm Repair (EVAR) and Thoracic Endovascular Aneurysm Repair
(TEVAR)-or Cardiac surgery, Surgical Aortic Valve Replacement
(SAVR) experience preferred.
- Strong, proven medical device sales track record with
documented growth and achievements.
- Previous experience communicating product's market advantages
to physicians and hospital administration.
- Experience managing multiple accounts.
- Successful experience launching a new device.
- Experience calling on C-Suite customers.
- Prior experience teaching and educating medical personnel,
peers and technical support personnel.
- Imaging interpretation experience (TTE or Trans Esophageal
Echocardiography (TEE), CT, Angiograms). Computer proficiency and
ability to perform CT reconstruction with CT programs.
- Demonstrated success building strong relationships with key
therapy users and employees across organizational level.
- Ability to effectively organize and plan travel schedule with
frequent last minute requests.
- Ability to travel with overnight stay up to 50 - 75% of the
time (geography variability).
- Previous peer and physician education experience.
- Excellent influencing and consulting skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Ability to make timely and sound decisions. PHYSICAL JOB
- Thephysical demands described within the Responsibilities
section of this jobdescription are representative of those that
must be met by an employee tosuccessfully perform the essential
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enableindividuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Whileperforming the duties of this job, the employee is
regularly required to beindependently mobile. The employee isalso
required to interact with a computer, and communicate with peers
- Extendedperiods of time doing computer-based work
- Hearing,sight and speaking ability
- Abilityto use computers and CT reconstruction programs
- Abilityto travel extensively by car and plane. Must have valid
driver's license forstate of residency and active vehicle insurance
- Wearlead apron for long periods of time (2-3hrs on
- Abilityto operate a moving vehicle
- Abilityto work in Cath Labs or OR's with radiation
- Abilityto conduct company business outside of the typical
Monday through Friday,8:00am to 5:00pm, work-schedule
- Musthave a valid driver's license and active vehicle insurance
policy. Inaddition, your driving record will be reviewed and will
be considered as partof your application
- Infectiousdisease; radiation; blood borne pathogens
- Mustbe able to wear all required personal protective equipment
(PPE) ABOUT MEDTRONIC Together, we can change healthcareworldwide.
At Medtronic, we push the limitsof what technology can do to help
alleviate pain, restore health and extendlife. We challenge
ourselves and eachother to make tomorrow better than yesterday.--It
is what makes this an exciting and rewarding place to be. We can
accelerate and advance ourability to create meaningful innovations
- but we will only succeed with theright people on our team. Let's
worktogether to address universal healthcare needs and improve
patients' lives. Help us shape the future. It is the policy of
Medtronic toprovide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all
persons regardless of age,color, national origin, citizenship
status, physical or mental disability,race, religion, creed,
gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/orexpression,
genetic information, marital status, status with regard to
publicassistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic
protected by federal,state or local law. In addition, Medtronic
will provide reasonableaccommodations for qualified individuals
with disabilities. This employer participates in thefederal
E-Verify program to confirm the identity and employment
authorizationof all newly hired employees. For further information
about the E-Verifyprogram, please click here:
http://www.uscis.gov/e-verify/employees The above statements are
intended todescribe the general nature and level of work being
performed by employeesassigned to this classification. They are not
intended to be construed as anexhaustive list of all
responsibilities, duties and skills required ofemployees assigned
to this position. It is the policy of Medtronic to provide equal
employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age,
color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental
disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital
status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or
any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
In addition, Medtronic will provide reasonable accommodations for
qualified individuals with disabilities. This employer participates
in the federal E-Verify program to confirm the identity and
employment authorization of all newly hired employees. For further
information about the E-Verify program, please click here .
Keywords: Medtronic GmbH, Cincinnati , Principal Therapy Consultant, CoreValve - Cincinnati, Professions , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!