Company: Al. Neyer
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Summary of ResponsibilitiesThe Project Architect is responsible
for directing project A&E teams (multiple and/or complex
projects) in the design development, final design, and construction
administration of assigned projects, and the mentoring of assigned
staff.Project architects also consult directly with clients to
determine a project's needs and client specifications for many
design elements. In addition to initial meetings with clients to
determine project scope, set budgets, and generate contracts, the
project architect frequently meets with clients to discuss
progress, clear up questions that arise during the construction
process, and report on site developmentEssential Job Functions
- Overseeing architectural personnel assigned to projects,
including day to day direction, review of their ongoing and
completed assignments, and development of their skills and
- Participate in client meetings and presentations
- Coordinating and prioritizing resources to assure timely
completion of multiple projects.
- Assisting Director or VP of Architecture in developing project
- Monitoring and maintaining project design budgets.
- With the project designer, assuring adequate Design Development
of assigned projects.
- Assuring appropriate quality of final project design for both
internal and external customers, and compliance with project scope,
budget and schedule.
- Reviewing project final design documents for accuracy,
completeness and code compliance.
- Performing construction administration activities, including
site visits to review compliance of construction with documents,
and timely review of shop drawing and other submittals
- Soliciting, awarding and managing consultant contracts for
civil, structural, landscaping, interior design and other required
disciplines, and coordinating them with one another and with
- Acting as the primary client contact during the Final Design
Phase, including meeting with client on a regular basis to refine
design and complete design development and final design.Additional
- Assisting Project Managers in preparation of permit
applications and development of bid packages
- Assisting Project Managers in selection of subcontractors
- Participating with the design team in advancing the design and
preparation of design development and construction documents
- Other duties as assigned from time to time by supervisor
- Some travel will be required.Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor's of Architecture or Architectural Technology or
Master's of Architecture Degree
- Registered Architect
- Proficiency in AutoCAD and Revit
- 5 - 10 years post-graduate experience in the practice of
architecture with emphasis on commercial construction
- Demonstrated experience in commercial building technology and
code analysis, and in the ability to oversee teams and manage
several projects concurrently
- Experience working on Multi-family projects (preferred)Physical
DemandsLow physical effort required to sit, stand at files, bend,
stoop, lift, and walk. Maximum unassisted lift is 35 lbs. Average
lift is less than 10 lbs. Requires ability to use a keyboard and
monitor. Also requires the ability to communicate verbally, both in
person and on the telephone. May require some travel by
car.Environmental RequirementsAverage inside office environment.
Average office noise levels. No personal protective equipment is
required. Ambient temperature is between 68F and 76F.Please note:
Al. Neyer is an Equal Opportunity employer. We embrace diversity
and equal opportunity in a serious way. We are committed to
building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds,
perspectives, and skills. The more inclusive we are, the better our
work will be.
- Also, this job description is not intended to be all inclusive.
The employee will also perform other reasonably related business
duties as assigned by their immediate supervisor and other
management as required. This job description is not a contract or
offer for employment, and either you or Al. Neyer may terminate
employment at any time, for any reason.
Keywords: Al. Neyer, Cincinnati , Project Architect, Professions , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!