Location: West Chester
Posted on: June 26, 2022
Cleveland-Cliffs, an innovative Fortune 500 Steel Producer and
Manufacturer is seeking a Credit Analyst to join our West Chester,
Ohio or Burns Harbor, IN team. The Credit Analyst will be
responsible for managing and overseeing the business-to-business
Credit and Collections activities for a regional group of
customers. Summary of Responsibilities:
- Perform credit reviews and analysis on new and existing
customers with authority to make credit limit decisions up to
- Obtain, review, and analyze information pertinent to making
credit decisions such as customer credit applications, trade
references, customer credit reports, and financial statements.
- Monitor and manage customers to established credit limits and
terms of sale through the control of order entry.
- Develop customer relationships and drive improved payment
behavior through phone, email and personal visits; follow up with
customers and Cleveland-Cliffs outside sales teams on past due
- Partner with outside sales personnel to assist in developing
and/or expanding existing customer relationships and maximize
customer credit options while minimizing corporate risk.
- Proactively identify and rectify underlying customer issues
resulting in poor payment practices.
- Daily review assigned customers' payment activity with a focus
on ensuring adherence to established credit terms.
- Collaborate with other departments such as Claims, Sales,
Inside Sales, Pricing, Order Entry/Scheduling, and Traffic &
Shipping to resolve routine and complex problems.
- Other duties as assigned. Minimum Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, Economics, or related
- 2+ years of credit/collection experience and Accounts
Receivable or relevant finance and accounting experience in the
manufacturing field. Credit experience is strongly preferred.
- Ability to travel up to 10% to conduct on-site customer
- Effective planning, organization, and analytical skills.
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Intermediate or higher skill level using Microsoft Excel and
other Office applications.
- Oracle or SAP ERP experience is a strong plus. Cleveland-Cliffs
Inc. is the largest flat-rolled steel company and the largest iron
ore pellet producer in North America. The Company is vertically
integrated from mined raw materials, direct reduced iron, and
ferrous scrap to primary steelmaking and downstream finishing,
stamping, tooling, and tubing. We offer an excellent total
compensation package including top pay with variable compensation
opportunity, health insurance, retirement plan, education
assistance, paid time off and more!. As a company, we are doing
what we can to keep all our employees safe and healthy. It is the
current expectation that all Cleveland-Cliffs employees will be
vaccinated against COVID-19 as soon as possible. Before accepting
an offer of employment you must certify that you are fully
vaccinated. Cleveland-Cliffs reserves the right to require proof of
vaccination. Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is committed to working with and
providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with
disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you
need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment
process, please send an e-mail to email@example.com or
call 1-(312) 899-3097 and let us know the nature of your request
and your contact information. Do not email your application
materials to this email address. Application materials sent to this
email address will not be considered. Cleveland-Cliffs Inc. is an
equal opportunity employer - M/F/Veteran/Disability. We are a
drug-free workplace and conduct pre-employment screening as a
condition of employment.
Keywords: Cleveland-Cliffs, Cincinnati , Credit Analyst, Professions , West Chester, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!