Full-time Dockworker / Class A CDL Driver Trainee
Company: ABF Freight
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Now is your chance to join one of the country's largest and most
trusted LTL carriers: ABF Freight is looking for new Full-time
Dockworkers who will receive paid training to obtain their Class A
CDL, at no cost to the employee! ABF Freight is looking for
self-motivated, hardworking, and energetic Dock Workers to add to
our exceptional team, and to eventually become Class A CDL drivers
through our Driver Development Program. Our Dock Workers ensure our
customers receive their freight in the condition in which it was
sent. At ABF Freight, customer satisfaction is key. Efficiency and
skill is vital in making sure that shipments arrive on time, every
time. It's more than a job; it's a career. ABF Freight Dock Workers
will do the following, but are not limited to:
* Loading and unloading trailers for the purpose of transporting a
wide variety of cargo, moving cargo, driving a forklift, or using a
pallet jack or other freight for transit
* Effectively and efficiently operating mobile technology
* Completing all required paperwork
* Actual duties and schedule may vary depending on terminal
* Once driver training is completed, the employee will take on the
duties of a City Driver Full-Time Combined Dock/P and D Job
* Must be at least 21 years old in order to obtain Class A CDL.
* Stable work record
* Clean driving and safety record
* All Dock Workers must pass a pre-employment hair drug screen and
post-offer company physical.
* Will be required to attend an ABF Freight Driver Development
Program and obtain Class A CDL within 9 months of date of hire as
condition of employment Benefits:
* Make more money! Wages are Teamster Union Scale, which are
greater than most other carriers.
* Plan for the future. ABF Freight employees are covered by a
pension plan at no expense to the employee.
* Life insurance is provided through a multi-employer sponsored
health and welfare fund.
* Dock Workers receive up to 5 sick days per contract year.
* Employees are given the opportunity to contribute to a
* All Dock Workers receive excellent medical, dental and vision
coverage with no employee-paid premiums.
* Dock Workers participate in a profit-sharing program with the
option to purchase company stock through a stock purchase plan.
* Employees will be paid full wages while in training to obtain a
Class A CDL Questions about this position? Email us at
firstname.lastname@example.org! If you require accommodation in the application
process, please contact email@example.com or call us at (479) 785-8717.
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Vet/Disability. 6 months
Keywords: ABF Freight, Cincinnati , Full-time Dockworker / Class A CDL Driver Trainee, Professions , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!