Company: Rudd Equipment Company
Posted on: January 26, 2023
SummaryWe are seeking motivated Service Technicians of various
skill levels with a problem-solving mentality. Service Technicians
are responsible for diagnosing issues and performing standard
general repairs on drive-train components, mechanical, electrical,
hydraulic, and pneumatic systems on company and/or customers' heavy
equipment across shop and field settings while adhering to all
safety regulations and contributing to a positive work environment
conducive to our Company Values. Depending on location, assignment,
and expertise, this position will be responsible for some or all of
the functions and duties listed below. Essential Duties and
- Participate in required safety program and work in a safe
- Inspect, diagnose, troubleshoot, and locate mechanical
deficiencies on Heavy Equipment. Come to logical conclusions and
determine a repair solution based on education and experience.
Source and order parts as needed.
- Perform repair of mobile equipment in a field environment
- Perform welding and brazing, fabricate and modify parts,
equipment, and miscellaneous structures as needed.
- Repair and/or replace all components of engine hydraulic
systems, air conditioning systems, suspension systems, drive
trains, electrical systems, steering, braking, material handling,
and operator comfort systems.
- Thorough understanding of sense of urgency as it relates to
- Must be willing to work overtime, weekends and holidays as
required to maintain customer satisfaction.
- Perform all work in accordance with established quality
standards and safety procedures.
- Must comply with all applicable DOT Requirements.
- Must be willing to travel and work remotely as required
including overnight stays.
- Must be decisive and able to recognize and support the
organization's goals and priorities. Qualifications
- General knowledge of complex hydraulic, electrical, and
- Exhibits strong problem solving and troubleshooting
- Ability to diagnosis and repair hydraulic, electrical,
drive-train and air conditioning systems.
- General welding and fabrication skills.
- Thorough understanding and knowledge of equipment
- Thorough understanding of electrical and hydraulic test
- Ability to read, analyze and interrupt technical information
from general hydraulic and electrical schematics. Education and/or
- Minimum requirement of High School diploma or GED
- Technical school graduate preferred
- Experience with Volvo construction equipment a plus.
- Experience with paving equipment a plus.
- Must possess and maintain acceptable safe driving record.
- Must be able to obtain DOT Medical Certification. Communication
- Written communication skills required to document complaint,
cause, and correction of completed repairs.
- Ability to read and follow written instructions.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with supervisor and
customer indicating cause and correction of machine repair.
Physical DemandsThe physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this position, the Service Technician will be
required to utilize the equipment and tools required to perform
repairs. To perform the essential functions of this job, you must
be able to sit, stand, walk, read, talk, write, and hear. The
incumbent must be able to continuously lift and/or move-carry up to
10 pounds; up to 20 pounds frequently; and 21 - 75 pounds
occasionally. Must be able to push and/or pull up to 50 pounds
continuously; up to 75 pounds frequently; and 76- 100 pounds
occasionally. This position may work in a shop or field
environment. Must be able to work in extreme variable outside
weather conditions, both hot and cold weather temperatures. Must be
able to obtain a DOT Medical Certification. Position Type and
Expected Hours of WorkThis is position is classified as full-time,
non-exempt.Normal Days of work are Monday through Friday. Work
hours are variable.Overtime may be required on occasion as needed.
Other DutiesThis job description is not designed to cover or
contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or
responsibilities that are required of the personnel for this job.
Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time.
EEO/AAP StatementRudd Equipment Company, Inc. is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy not to
discriminate against any Incumbent or Applicant. All qualified
applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard
to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a
disability or Vietnam era or other protected veteran. To achieve
our goal of equal opportunity, we maintain an Affirmative Action
Program through which we take good faith efforts to recruit, hire,
and advance in the employment of qualified minorities, women,
persons with disabilities, Vietnam-era veterans, and other
protected veterans. PI202073786
Keywords: Rudd Equipment Company, Cincinnati , Service Technician, Professions , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!