Staff/Sr Electrical Engineer
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Senior R&D Electrical Design Engineer - Energy Systems
Key Responsibilities: We are searching for a versatile, hardworking
engineer who is ready to learn and grow in their career while also
helping our company improve surgical outcomes and helping patients
heal faster. After initial onboarding and with continued
mentorship, the candidate will be responsible for:
- Participating in the definition, design, development,
implementation, and integration of surgical products and capital
equipment in a multi-functional team.
- Driving product development efforts across the Energy
organization by partnering with and influencing internal R&D
teams and external manufacturers.
- Translating high-level customer needs into technical options
and analyzing the tradeoffs and business impact.
- Participating in technical design reviews of product and/or
system requirements, specifications, designs, obsolescence
replacement efforts, etc.
- Working with internal R&D and external manufacturing
processes that could include: PCBA manufacturing (SMT, Wave,
BGA/PGA), Box build, component obsolescence, cable
manufacturing/assembly, analog and digital circuit design,
micro-electronics, motors, gearboxes, wire harnesses, power
supplies, LCD displays, PCBA's, rigid/flex circuits, assembly test
equipment, EPROM's, ASIC's, transducers, HiPot testing, electrical
safety testing, Automated Optical Inspection (AOI), X-Ray
inspection, in-circuit testing, and PCBA functional testing, root
cause analysis, and Software Validation.
- Contributing to all aspects of design control activities
throughout the product lifecycle - including both New Product
Development and post-launch Lifecycle Engineering. Qualifications:
- Minimum Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineering or a
related Engineering focus is required
- A minimum of (5) years of work experience in either
electro-mechanical manufacturing, medical device design, PCBA
design, and/or Electrical Engineering design is required.
- Ability to explain (both written and verbal) sophisticated
technical issues to technical and non-technical audiences is
required. The following preferred skills are key to success in this
- Experience designing, developing, and launching medical
- Strong electrical design and analysis skills, including an
understanding of electrical systems and subsystem to overall system
design. This will include digital, analog, and communications
technologies. Knowledge of electronic manufacturing is also key to
- Strong collaboration and teaming skills to work with
manufacturing engineering and suppliers to understand the
considerations associated with Design for Manufacturing (DFM),
Design to Cost (DTC), and working with other team members to
produce prototypes and optimize designs for manufacturability.
- Experience with defining test acceptance criteria, developing
test methods, and creating test protocols/reports. Building
prototypes, products, and systems for testing; along with setting
up and running laboratory simulations is desired.
- Demonstrated ability working across subject areas with internal
and external partners while supporting multiple projects
- Strong collaboration, proven technical leadership capabilities,
and conflict resolution skills.
- Analytical, creative thinking, and problem-solving skills as
well as the ability to synthesize information from a variety of
sources. This position will be located in Cincinnati, OH and may
require up to 10% domestic and international travel. No direct
staff responsibility. Do you strive to join an outstanding team
that is multifaceted and evolving? Is career growth and opportunity
appealing to you? Apply to this opportunity today.
Digital Intelligence Systems, LLC (DISYS) is an Equal Opportunity
Employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without
regard to race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,
age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, disability, or veteran
Keywords: DISYS, Cincinnati , Staff/Sr Electrical Engineer, Professions , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!