Engineering Technician III
Posted on: January 27, 2023
22724BRService Line:MaterialsOffice Name:CincinnatiJob
Description:Terracon is growing and we need Senior Construction
Materials Engineering Technicians to support our Portsmouth Gaseous
Diffusion Plant project site in Piketon, Ohio, a Department of
Energy (DOE) brownfields project scheduled to last several years.*
Relocation bonuses starting at $5,000 are available based on
candidate skill sets and current certifications.Summary of
Position:As a senior-level construction material testing
technician, you will perform field and/or laboratory testing,
observation, and inspection of construction materials (e.g., soils,
aggregates, concrete, asphalt, and steel). You will be expected to
communicate with the project manager, engineering technicians,
client representative, contractors representative, and others as
applicable regarding the construction site, project requirements,
testing, observation, and inspection requirements and results. You
will also transport material samples with associated identifying
documentation to the laboratory for further testing and analysis.
Tabulate, prepare, and submit data and observation in the form of
written and digital reports as work is performed for daily
transmittal to the Terracon Project Manager. Maintain and clean
equipment, vehicles, and work areas. May assist with scheduling and
dispatch of Technicians to project sites. Adhere to strict safety
standards.Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Performs testing, observation, and inspection as directed in
accordance with training and the specified procedures.
- Provides clear documentation of findings and results.
- Performs basic analysis of data to verify accuracy before
communication and submittal to the Project Manager.
- Communicates information to the Project Manager and other
personnel as directed by the PM.
- Has experience and proficiency in multiple areas of field
testing and inspection and or laboratory testing
- May train lower-level technicians
- May lead the activities of other engineering technicians in the
laboratory or on larger field projects.
- Maintains equipment and calibration.
- Follows safety rules and practices and other safety
requirements for all projects. Performs pre-task planning prior to
executing work. Report any safety issues or concerns to
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience or the equivalent in
training and related experience.
- Experience with laptop computer use and Microsoft Word and
- ACI certification in one or more of the following areas:
- Concrete Field-Testing Technician Grade I
- Concrete Strength Testing Technician
- Certified in radiation safety and Nuclear Density Gauge
- Successful completion of related internal safety
- Valid drivers license with acceptable violation
historyProject-Specific Requirements under Department of Energy
(DOE) Policies and RegulationsForeign Nationals:
- Per DOE contractual and regulatory requirements, any individual
who is a foreign national must receive approval from Terracons
client in order to be eligible to work on this project. Terracon
will provide assistance in completing the necessary approval forms
in the event they are required.Fit For Duty Occupational Physical
and Drug Test:
- Candidates will be required to submit to a medical physical
evaluation in accordance with DOE guidelines and policies prior to
being approved for work.
- Candidates selected for this position will also be required to
pass a DOE drug test as a condition of employment.Preferred
- Certifications in one or more of the following areas:
- NICET Level II certification in Construction Materials Testing
in one or more of the following categories: Asphalt, Concrete, and
- NICET Level II certification in Geotechnical in one or more of
the following categories: Construction, Laboratory, Exploration,
- ICC certification in one or more of the following categories:
Reinforced Concrete, Spray-applied Fireproofing, Structural
Masonry, Prestressed/Post-Tensioned Concrete, Structural Steel
Bolting, and Structural Steel Welding.
- American Welding Society (AWS) Certified Associate Welding
- American Society for Nondestructive Testing (ASNT) Level II
certification in more than one of the following areas: Visual
Testing (VT), Magnetic Particle Testing (MT), Dye Penetrant Testing
(PT), Radiographic Testing (RT), Ultrasonic Testing (UT).
- Other national, regional, state, and local Materials related
certifications requiring experience and written examination will
also be considered if deemed appropriate by the Terracon Department
Title:Senior Construction Materials Engineering
TechnicianEmployment Type:Regular, Full TimeCity, State (Office
Location):Cincinnati, OHAbout Terracon:Terracon is a 100 percent
employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality
services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a
successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental,
facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon
currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices
with services available in all 50 states. Terracons growth is due
to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and
growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the
marketplace.Terracons vision of Together, we are best at people is
demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits
package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many
programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k)
plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and
various bonus programs.EEO Statement:Terracon is an EEO employer.
We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled
candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not
discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee
because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military
Keywords: Terracon, Cincinnati , Engineering Technician III, Professions , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!