Company: RWE Renewables America, LLC
Posted on: January 27, 2023
RWE Renewables Americas LLC,WillowbrookTo start as soon as
possible, Full time, PermanentResponsibilities:Monitor Solar &
Energy Storage farm availability and ensure mechanical and
electrical maintenance is performed when necessary to maintain
established safety and operating targets. Responsible for executing
daily scheduling philosophy utilizing a prioritized list of
workprovided by planning, focusing on maximizing generation and
ensuring proactive work is prioritized and completed. Essential
- Testing, maintaining, and troubleshooting solar PV & battery
storage electrical equipment.
- Ensure that all assigned maintenance tasks are performed safely
and by site operating procedures established for Storage/Solar PV
- Complete Lock-Out-Tag-Out (LOTO), JSA's, Permit to Work, and
job-specific documentation that is required to conduct maintenance
and repairs in a safe manner
- Proactively look for improvement opportunities to job
appropriate processes and procedures
- Perform data collection and prepare reports to meet reporting
- Perform balance of plant and switchyard work as required
- Perform maintenance on BESS, trackers, inverters, and other PV
electrical equipment as assigned by the Site Supervisor or
- Monitor the activities of maintenance contractors and ensure
corrective actions where appropriate.
- Perform current and voltage readings as necessary.
- Documenting all work and generating reports as necessary
- Identify gaps in safety standards and safety risks in the
- At times, may assist with BOP activities
- Use available tools to monitor energy output and respond
quickly to emergencies or situations requiring immediate
troubleshooting and corrective actions.
- Ensure site access, site HSE, security, deliveries, and
inspections are performed by site protocols.
- Interface with any 3rd party contractors working at our
- Available to respond to nontraditional operating hours for
operations, maintenance, and emergent issues, including emergent
abnormal operating conditions, execution of maintenance, tracking
work orders, resolution of O&M issues Additional Duties and
- Under 10% travel.
- Work in Extreme weather conditions.
- Ability to work alone or group environment.
- Ability to lift over 50 lbs.
- Shift work.
- Routine operation of a computer/tablet and other office
productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and
- Frequent oral and written communications.
- Flexibility to work nights, weekends, and holidays as
- First aid/CPR/AED
- Osha Certified
- Complete all required training in a satisfactory manner and
- All other duties assigned.Qualifications:Two (2) years of work
experience in power generation, transmission, and distribution
operations and maintenance. Preference will be given to the
candidate with some renewable energy experience, preferably solar.
Two (2) of the (4) years can be satisfied with an Associate Degree
in Engineering or related Science from an accredited US school
other than correspondence or internet. Must be skilled in at least
one (1) of the following: power plant operations, electrical and
mechanical equipment maintenance; substations maintenance; power
plant safety protocols.
rwe.com/careerApply now with just a few clicks: ad code 79824We
look forward to meeting you!We value diversity and therefore
welcome all applications, irrespective of gender, disability,
nationality, ethnic and social background, religion and beliefs,
age or sexual orientation and identity.Of course, you can find us
on LinkedIn, Twitter and Xing, too.RWE represents change,
innovation and sustainability. As one of the world's leading
generators of electricity from renewable energy sources, we aim to
be carbon-neutral by 2040 and to enable a sustainable life for
people around the world. To achieve this, we are looking for
dynamic and motivated people to join us in creating a sustainable
and secure energy future.RWE Renewables GmbH, based in Essen,
Germany, is RWE's youngest subsidiary and one of the world's
leading companies in the field of renewable energies. With an
international team of around 3,500 employees, we are drivers of the
energy transition - and provide electricity for a sustainable life.
Our total capacity of more than 9 gigawatts results from onshore
and offshore wind parks, photovoltaic plants and battery storage.
We focus on growth: on the American continent, on the European core
markets and on new markets in the Asia-Pacific region.
Keywords: RWE Renewables America, LLC, Cincinnati , Solar Technician-Willowbrook, Professions , Winchester, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!