Shop Technician & Delivery Hybrid
Company: Modern Office Methods
Posted on: January 27, 2023
OVERVIEW & PURPOSEThe primary function of the shop technician is
to service the client by maintaining office equipment within the
shop environment.PRIMARY FUNCTIONS
- Complete new equipment (Canon, Lanier, and HP) set-ups per
manufacturer guidelines. Set-ups are to be completed within 85% of
baseline average by model broken. (By Make & Model) Fully test and
document functions & optional accessories installed are fully
- Recondition/Refurbish trade-in equipment . Assist with
equipment refurbishing as required & set-up schedule permits.
Thoroughly clean & inspect, verify all functions fully operational,
and replace worn parts as required.
- Complete clean & checks as required. Check & verify operation
of units going out for demo, loaner & short term rental use before
each delivery. Reset memory, and complete hard drive reset.
- Complete set-up reports & supporting documentation. Set-up
checklist along with supporting documentation packet including
default settings print out, and test copies for each function
(copy/print/fax/duplex, etc) submitted for each set-up. Clear parts
consumed on calls.
- Assist with receiving & un-boxing equipment as required. Verify
packaging is in good order, or retain if suspect until set-up is
complete. Utilize lifting straps & forklift on devices over 150
- Assist with deliveries as required. Operate van or truck
equipped with lift gate to make deliveries as needed. Attach
options and complete basic user training.ADDITIONAL FUNCTIONS
- Drives truck to deliver such items as copiers, printers, paper,
and various other office equipment and products to client's place
of business and between the branch offices.
- Completes basic set-up & installation at client's office
including basic operator training. (Installation includes attaching
finishers or side LCT trays. Training entails basic copy functions
from the MFD-not connected solutions).
- Communicates with clients on the day of delivery to set
approximate delivery time, and notifies the appropriate sales
representative when delivery is complete.
- Coordinates any networked deliveries arrival times with the
staff assigned to limit down time, and provide a professional
delivery & installation experience.
- Updates set-up & delivery manager on any problem deliveries,
and verifies ownership before picking up any equipment not listed
- Operates stair climber as required to move equipment up or down
- Listens to and directs service complaints to appropriate
- Loads truck in accordance with guidelines to insure equipment
will arrive at client's office intact and in good working
- Records delivery & pick-up information on daily delivery
record. (Including the appropriate start & ending meter reads or
meter print outs)
- Issues or obtains client signature on receipt for pickup or
- Performs routine maintenance on truck, and keeps the truck
clean inside & out.
- Assist in Meter collection as requested.
- Other miscellaneous duties as requested.SUPERVISORY
RESPONSIBILITYThis position has no supervisory responsibility.WORK
ENVIRONMENTThe work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.While performing the duties of this job, the
employee is frequently exposed to outside weather conditions. The
employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions and
moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is
usually moderate.PHYSICAL DEMANDSThe physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk
or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand and walk. The
employee is occasionally required to sit; use hands to finger,
handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and stoop, kneel,
crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move
up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job
include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral
vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.POSITION TYPE
& EXPECTED HOURS OF WORKNON-EXEMPTExpected hours of work are Monday
through Friday, 8AM to 5PM.TRAVELThis position requires occasional
travel.REQUIRED EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- High school diplomaOTHER DUTIESPlease note this job description
is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the
employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may
change at any time with or without notice.EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
EMPLOYERModern Office Methods provides equal employment
opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and
prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard
to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability
status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation,
gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws.
Keywords: Modern Office Methods, Cincinnati , Shop Technician & Delivery Hybrid, Professions , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!