REGIONAL PREMIUM LINE HAUL DRIVER-FT $26.07 or 0.68 cents per mile
Company: Ward Trucking LLC
Posted on: November 11, 2018
JOB TITLE: Regional Premium Line Haul Driver REPORTS TO: Regional Service Center Manager OVERVIEW OF ROLE: To ensure the customer is always serviced first by providing on-time, safe, and claim-free transportation of freight in assigned lanes between service center locations. DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide on-time service to customers by transporting freight between service center locations in adherence to designated linehaul schedule. Drive truck to destination in accordance with Federal Motor Carrier Safety Regulations. On occasion, make pickup or delivery at a customer's location when instructed by manager.
- Operate company vehicle in a safe manner by applying knowledge and skills in maneuvering vehicle at varying speeds in difficult situations such as heavy traffic, inclement weather, or in tight loading dock areas.
- Perform required safety inspections and ensure the vehicle is in compliance with regulations necessary to pass Roadside Safety Inspection. Perform pre-trip, en-route and post trip inspections on equipment as required by the US Department of Transportation. Ensure equipment defects are reported immediately. Keep tractor interior clean and orderly.
- Ensure safe transport of hazardous material in compliance with federal regulations. Check for proper preparation of shipping papers and ensure papers and markings on freight agree. Ensure the vehicle is properly placarded.
- Provide a positive representation of the company by demonstrating safe, responsible driving practices.
- Limited "No-Touch", however, when required, i.e., covering for vacations or extended leave, unload and load trailer, either with or without assistance of dockworkers, with or without mechanical freight handling equipment. Properly perform task to assure safety and to prevent damage to cargo. Secure load to prevent shifting, falling and damage to the freight as specified in Federal DOT Regulations 393.100 through 393.106.
- Ensure all shipment documents (manifest, bills of lading, shipping orders, freight bills, etc.) required to move with shipments is available for inspection and that appropriate paperwork accompanies each shipment when delivered.
- Properly report all accidents involving driver or company equipment and reports any delays due to breakdowns, weather or traffic conditions, or other emergencies.
- Submit all paperwork and documents required by Federal D. O. T. and Ward Trucking in a timely manner.
- Provide manager with feedback on work processes and the competition. Work to understand and support targeted growth plans. Read internal newsletters and view WOW TV broadcasts that explain growth and safety initiatives.
- Fully support all technologies and processes, introduced by Ward, that are intended to improve efficiencies and/or the customer experience. Support would include adherence to training programs, guidelines and processes associated with these systems.
- Proficient in time management: start times, meals, breaks, and rest periods to meet scheduled times.
- Must participate in random DOT drug testing program. REQUIREMENTS:
- Must possess a valid Class A Commercial Driver's License with no pattern of moving violations/accidents in either a personal or commercial vehicle. Applicants with an "E" restriction (automatic transmission only), or "K" restriction (intrastate only) on their CDL will not be considered for hire until those restrictions have been removed from their license.
- Must possess or be able to obtain a current DOT physical card.
- Must meet DOT and company requirements related to drug and alcohol testing.
- Must pass a company road test.
- Two years of applicable tractor-trailer driving experience preferred.
- Must meet requirements of being 21 years of age or older
- Must have knowledge of and comply with DOT regulations governing safe driving, hours of service, pre-trip and post-trip inspection and maintenance, and transportation of hazardous materials.
- Must be CDL certified with HazMat and Tank endorsements.
- Must be able to read and write and have the mental capacity to manually complete required paperwork and reports, and be able to operate a mobile communications system.
- Must have a desire to serve customers and support the Ward team at the service center.
- Must meet the Company's minimum qualified driver's requirements, as defined by the Safety Department.
- Must be able to work required hours.
- Must wear steel-toed shoes/boots.
- Must have a pleasing personality and cooperative attitude.
- Must be able to stay out in our operating area for five (5) to six (6) days a week, hotel provided, to service customers in our footprint, with the intent to be back at home terminal on Friday night/Saturday morning.
- Must be available to be "On-Call" between the hours of 1 beginning on Sunday nights, work assignments will be given in seniority order.
- Work assignments will vary in mileage and destination on a daily basis. PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Must be able to accurately read gauges and dials.
- Must be able to enter and exit the vehicle's cab using footholds and handholds.
- May be exposed to heat, cold, dust, irritants, etc.
- Must be able to work required hours.
- Must be able to successfully pass a post offer physical agility test, specifically designed for the tasks associated with the position. The physical demands for this position are "Heavy", as defined by the Dictionary of Occupational Titles: Exerting 50 to 100 lb of force occasionally, and/or 25 to 50 lb of force frequently, and/or 10 to 20 lb of force constantly to move objects, physical demand requirements are in excess of those for medium work.
- Specific physical demands include, but are not limited to: - Carrying: Occasional, up to 75 lbs., up to 40 feet - Pushing: Occasional, up to 600 lbs., up to 100 feet - Pulling: Occasional, up to 600 lbs., up to 100 feet - Lifting - Floor to Knee, Knee to Waist, Waist to Shoulder: Occasional, up to 75 lbs. - Stooping, Twisting, Balancing, Bending, Climbing, Crouching, Kneeling, Standing: Occasional - Sitting: Frequent This job description does not necessarily represent an exhaustive list of responsibilities, skills, duties, requirements, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job, management reserves the right to revise the job or to require that other or different tasks be performed.
Keywords: Ward Trucking LLC, Cincinnati , REGIONAL PREMIUM LINE HAUL DRIVER-FT $26.07 or 0.68 cents per mile, Professions , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!