Sr. Platform Architect
Company: Worldpay US
Posted on: December 9, 2018
Vantiv is making payments smarter, faster and easier for all our partners, as well as the consumers they serve. From the largest retailers in the U.S. to the coffee shop down the street, we are leading the transformation in payments through chip-enabled cards, mobile wallets, eCommerce, and payment solutions for businesses of all sizes. We are the fastest growing payments company in the U.S., first in PIN Debit transactions and the second largest merchant acquirer. Visit Vantiv.com for more.
Vantiv's growth is due in large part to our highly-sophisticated products and services. By offering some of the most advanced and user-friendly payments processing options available, we can continue our growth by beating our competitors. Enter the need for skilled Engineers who can build the tools we need to continually improve upon our product offerings. From software to technical architecture and more, investing in our team of Engineers is investing in our future.
The Senior Technology Architect creates the framework and design of new products, enhancements or systems. Utilizing specialized knowledge in software architecture, he/she is able to determine core server infrastructural needs, capacity plans, storage requirements and more. He/she will convene with cross-functional team members to determine needs, feasibility and plan. Always searching to continuously improve Vantiv's catalog of products and services, we will create and maintain stable, reliable systems for our clients and partners.
Rewarding Impact. Fulfilling Careers.
Making an impact isn't something reserved for people in corner offices. At Vantiv, it comes from people in every corner of the office. People with ambition, optimism and courage. We provide growth and opportunity and give employees flexibility in how they get the job done. You might not expect that from a big payments company, but we're smart enough to know how to hire the best and when to step aside and let them lead. Our goal is that you never stop learning and you never cease to amaze--especially yourself. If this fits your career goal, we can't wait to welcome you on board.
- Responsible for the complete design of a company product or system.
- Defines appropriate platforms and architecture.
- Determines core server infrastructure, capacity planning, storage requirements and networking protocols.
- Develops technical, tactical and strategic plans, systems definition and feasibility determination.
- Performs a system integration role by determining which software, hardware and networking components best fit with the system to be designed.
- As a seasoned, experienced professional with a full understanding of area of specialization, he/she resolves a wide range of issues in creative ways.
- Works on problems of diverse scope where analysis of data requires evaluation of identifiable factors.
- Demonstrates good judgment in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions.
- Networks with senior internal and external personnel in own area of expertise.
- Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor's degree; or 3 years and a Master's degree; or a PhD without experience; or equivalent work experience.
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions for which reasonable accommodation will be made. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their leader, subject to reasonable accommodation.
Keywords: Worldpay US, Cincinnati , Sr. Platform Architect, Professions , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!