Selling - Sales Associate NASHVILLE
Company: The Chefs' Warehouse
Posted on: January 13, 2021
The Chefs' Warehouse is a specialty food distributor that began
sourcing products focused on serving the specific needs of chefs
who own and/or operate some of the nation's leading menu-driven
independent restaurants, fine dining establishments, country clubs,
hotels, caterers, culinary schools and specialty food stores. We
believe that we have a distinct competitive advantage in serving
these customers as a result of our extensive selection of
distinctive and hard-to-find specialty and center-of-the-plate food
products, our product knowledge and our customer service. We serve
the finest restaurants, hotels, caterers and gourmet stores around
THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN OUR NASHVILLE REGION******
At The Chefs' Warehouse, Inc., we hire exceptional people who love
what they do. We believe in building relationships, in solving
problems and in delivering outstanding service throughout all
levels of our business.
As a key member of our rapidly growing organization, The Gourmet
Food Sales Associate ultimately acts as the face of our company by
delivering outstanding customer service and building strong
relationships. He or she will be responsible for selling products
for distributor to restaurants and caterers, hotels and retail,
establishments or individuals at place of business by performing
the following duties.
- Sales Associates will adapt the process of cultivating and
producing sales revenue through the development and growth of new
sales and by increasing sales with existing accounts.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers for use as sales leads,
based on information from newspapers, business directories,
industry ads, trade shows, Internet Web sites, and other
- Travels throughout assigned territory to call on regular and
prospective customers to solicit orders, or talks with customers or
- Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or catalog, and
emphasizes salable features.
- Quotes prices and credit terms and prepares sales contracts for
- Estimates date of delivery to customer, based on knowledge of
own firm's production and delivery schedules.
- Prepares reports of business transactions and keeps expense
- Works with inside sales representatives to keep account
activities and literature up to date.
- Tracks stock levels.
- Enters new customer data and other sales data for current
customers into computer database.
- Develops and maintains relationships with purchasing
- Investigates and resolves customer problems with
- Mentors with Senior to obtain institutional knowledge
concerning products, processes and systems.
- Closes sales by building rapport with potential account;
explaining product and service capabilities; overcoming objections;
- Expands sales in existing accounts by introducing new products
and servicesQualified applicants should possess:
- One to two years of related experience in restaurant, food
sales, or professional catering
- High energy and enthusiastic
- Candidates must live in the assigned geographic sales area
- Ability to manage multiple, concurrent projects and
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to handle and
prioritize multiple projects
- Self-starter. Must ask questions and learn new skills quickly
on the job
- Driven, team player that is motivated to take responsibility
and ensure successful outcomes across activates
- Ability to work under tight deadlines with short turnarounds in
a fast-paced working environment
- College Degree desired but not required
- Past experience working as a Chef highly desired
- High Energy and enthusiasticEducation/Experience:
Degree in Culinary Arts or related field.A minimum of 2 years of
experience in sales function. A minimum of 2 years of experience in
food distribution.Experience working in a fast-paced
Bilingual in English/Spanish a +.Ability to read, analyze, and
interpret sales data and trends.Ability to respond to common
inquiries or complaints from customers or members of the business
Basic math skills with addition, subtraction and multiplication.
Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios,
and proportions to practical situations.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw
valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of
technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal
with several abstract and concrete variables.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have advance
level of expertise with Microsoft Word and Excel.Knowledge of, JDE,
& other sales programs.Must be able to operate common office
The work environment characteristics described here are
representative of those an employee encounters while performing the
essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is
The Chefs' Warehouse is an Equal Opportunity Employer that does not
discriminate on the basis of actual or perceived race, creed,
color, religion, alienage or national origin, ancestry, citizenship
status, age, disability or handicap, sex, marital status, veteran
status, sexual orientation, arrest record, or any other
characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local
laws. Our management team is dedicated to this policy with respect
to recruitment, hiring, placement, promotion, transfer, training,
compensation, benefits, employee activities and general treatment
- Pay Type Salary Apply Now
- 619 Linn St, Cincinnati, OH 45203, USA
Keywords: The Chefs' Warehouse, Cincinnati , Selling - Sales Associate NASHVILLE, Sales , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!