Director of Sales
Company: Cincinnati USA Convention & Visitors Bureau
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Summary: This position manages the Group & Convention Sales
department on a day-to-day basis along with the EVP, Sales &
Marketing. Responsible for executing short and long-term sales
strategies to ensure established goals and targets are met.
Participates in relevant meetings, events, tradeshows, sales trips
and client activities to advance strategic initiatives. Duties &
- Meets assigned targets for definite and tentative room night
goals and other key performance objectives.
- Establishes and maintains productive customer, CVB team, local
partner and industry peer-to-peer relationships.
- Directly oversees sales managers on a day-to-day basis and
ensures that sales staff is strategically focused.
- Develops and maintains daily and weekly measures of
accountability via goals, one-on-one discussions, mentoring, and
- Analyzes sales statistics to formulate monthly activity reports
including but not limited to leads generated, confirmed bookings,
conversions, repeat sales, potential sales, and proposed client
- Responsible for direct report sales staff performance
- Holds sales managers accountable for results and adherence to
established policies and procedures.
- Develops, implements and monitors a systematic program of sales
solicitation including phone calls, personal calls, special events
and active, targeted participation at industry trade shows.
- Conducts in cooperation with EVP of Sales & Marketing, daily
and weekly sales meetings with the department staff to discuss
upcoming conventions, outstanding leads, opportunities for
collaboration, and special projects.
- Manages booking reports, bid presentations and site inspections
conducted by the sales department.
- Manages team and local partners to develop and present
competitive bid packages and incentives.
- Closely collaborates with marketing department to recommend and
implement strategies and tactics to promote each market segment
including familiarization tours, collateral, electronic media,
sales missions, etc.
- Identifies and explores emerging markets.
- Analyzes, forecasts and controls day to day expenditures of
- Represents company or assigns members of sales staff to
represent CVB at local, state and national level by attending a
variety of industry-related meetings to promote sales and services
and monitors activities and results.
- Identifies and proactively targets emerging markets and
accounts while maintaining Cincinnati's top 200 accounts list
- Manages learning and development initiatives impacting the
sales organization and provides stewardship of sales and sales
management talent. May work with vendors/consultants as
- Any other duties as assigned by the EVP, Sales & Marketing
- Four-year degree from an academic institution
- A minimum five years of experience directly and successfully
managing account representatives/sales managers in hotel or
convention and visitor bureau environment.
- Experience collaborating on marketing initiatives in a hotel or
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Willing and able to work evenings or weekends as appropriate
based on client and office demands.
Keywords: Cincinnati USA Convention & Visitors Bureau, Cincinnati , Director of Sales, Sales , Cincinnati, Ohio
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!